Windows Can’t Connect To This Network: One of the most common problems that occur among Windows 7, 8, and 10 users is the “Cannot connect to this network” error, which occurs when trying to use a wired or wireless network. This problem can be caused by different factors, however, it always has one thing in common: it prevents the user from accessing network functions and connectivity through a local network or the internet.
That said, you may have come this far looking for a solution, as encountering the error “Can’t connect to this network” is a real headache. And, although this error may be due to different factors, it always has a solution. For this reason, we invite you to continue reading, since below are all the causes that generate this error and how to solve it on your computer with Windows operating system. You May Also Like How To Get Netflix Student Discount
Solution For “Windows Can’t Connect To This Network” Problem
Here we describe best solution for windows can’t connect to this network step by step.
Try Disabling Network Driver
If you are a Windows 10 user and you have run into this network connection problem, there is a possibility that your network driver or driver is out of date. Generally, this happens when Windows 10 is not fully updated, which results in a series of compatibility problems to make use of wired or wireless networks.
To solve this, many times it will be enough to disable the network driver and wait for Windows to detect the current update of the same so that it is installed automatically. You can carry out this process by following these steps:
- Go to Control Panel> Hardware and Sound> Device Manager.
- Next, go to “Network adapters” and right-click.
- Then select “Uninstall device”.
- Once you do the above, a confirmation tab will appear. Click “Uninstall”.
- Finally, restart your PC. Once it starts, Windows will automatically install the latest version of the network driver, so the problem should go away.
Click Here- How to Create a Free Netflix Account
Install Network Drivers Manually
In case you are a Windows 10 user, Windows Update is responsible for keeping all the drivers on your system updated automatically. However, in some cases, Windows may not be able to update your network card drivers due to compatibility conflicts between the system and the manufacturer. In these cases, it is necessary to install the drivers manually, which is very easy. To learn how to do it, follow these steps:
- You must download the network drivers for your router. To do this, go to the official website of the manufacturer. Here are the links to the most popular manufacturers:
- Once this is done, go to Control Panel> Device Manager.
- Under “Network Adapters”, right-click on the network driver for your system.
- Now click “Update driver”.
- In a new tab, choose the option “Browse my computer for driver software”.
- If you have already downloaded these drivers, choose the path where they are located, choose them and click “Install”.
- After finishing this process, restart your PC and the problem should disappear.
If, from one moment to the next, a network that had not thrown you any connectivity problem begins to prevent you from accessing its functions, it is possible that the password or its security parameters have been changed. In this case, your computer will not recognize the changes and will try to connect with the old values, so logically it will not succeed in connecting.
If this is your case, you can forget the network and enter the access data again to solve the problem. If you don’t know how to do it, these are the instructions to follow:
- Access Settings> Network and internet and press “WiFi”.
- Next, click on “Manage known networks”
- Below you will find a list of all the networks stored in your operating system. Select the network you are having problems with and choose “Stop remembering”.
- Finally, reconnect by entering the network access password.
Restart The WiFi Network
Yes, although it seems silly, in many cases connectivity problems can be caused by a small system error that can be solved by simply turning your WiFi network off and on. You can easily do this like this:
- Go to Control Panel> Network and Internet> Network Connections.
- Next, right-click on WiFi Adapter and press Disable.
- Wait for a period of about 5 minutes and activate the WiFi adapter.
- Test your connection and see if the error has disappeared.
Refresh Your IP Address
Another solution to the “Cannot connect to this network” error is to refresh or reset the IP address of your system. Doing this is quite simple, you just have to use the command prompt and the ipconfig command. Here’s how to do this:
- From the start menu, press Windows + R.
- Now enter in the search window “cmd” to open the command prompt.
- Once inside, enter ipconfig / release and hit Enter.
- Next, refresh your IP by hitting ipconfig / renew and hit Enter.
With this, you can end any conflict caused by a corrupted IP. If this was the cause of your connectivity problem, then you have already solved it.
Perform a Manual Network Setup
In case some of the solutions previously raised have not solved the problem, you can try to configure your network manually. To do so, you just have to follow these steps:
- Access Control Panel> Network and Internet> Network Connections.
- Next, press “Set up a new connection or network”.
- Now click “Manually connect to a wireless network” and click “Next”.
- Fill in the fields corresponding to the network, click “Next” and you’re done.
- Restart your PC and try to use the network.
Select Another Network Channel
In case the WiFi network to which you are connected shows you the error “It is not possible to connect to this network” as a consequence of the high number of devices connected simultaneously, then you can choose to select or change to another network channel. This allows the network not to saturate and cause connectivity problems. Doing this is very easy, you just have to follow the following steps:
- Go to Control Panel> Network and Internet> Network and Sharing Center.
- Next, go to “Change adapter settings”.
- Select the WiFi adapter you are using and, by right clicking on it, press “Properties”.
- Then tap Networking> Configure.
- At this point, choose “Advanced Options” and select “802.11n Channel Width”.
- Once this is done, save the changes and test if the increase in bandwidth solves your connectivity problem.
Disable IPv6 Configuration
On some occasions, the error “It is not possible to connect to this network” can be caused because your system is configured by default to use the IPv6 connection protocol. In this case, you may have problems trying to connect to a WiFi network or network with the IPv4 protocol. Fortunately, making this change is fairly straightforward, so just consider these steps:
- Access Control Panel> Network and Internet> Network Connections.
- Next, right click on the network that is giving you problems and choose “Properties”.
- Here you should go to “Internet Protocol version 6”. If the checkbox for this item is activated, you just have to deselect it and save changes.
- Once this is done, restart your computer and see if the problem disappears.
Reset The Factory Settings On Your Router
The last measure you can take if nothing else has worked is to simply reset your router to the default values. This will allow you to eliminate any unforeseen configuration changes that are causing connectivity problems. To do so, just follow these steps:
- On your router, look for the Restore the Default option.
- Using a small pin, press the reset button. You should hold it down for about 10 seconds and the factory reset will be applied.
Finally, try to connect your computers to the network and see if the problem has been solved.
The “Windows can’t connect to this network” issue basically paralyzes you as it won’t let you connect to the Internet, and that means you can’t access your sites, emails, and anything else that requires an active Internet connection.
If you were able to fix the issue using any of the above methods, please let us know your experience in the comments below.