Today, Facebook groups have become a big trend. Being created, with different purposes. Mainly, to be more communicated with people who have common interests?
However, when you are the manager of a group, you may find that sometimes things don’t go as planned. Even it can be a bit tedious, especially if you have several groups or pages to attend to.
However, if you are not yet familiar with the term groups on Facebook or accounts with a group that you want to permanently delete, here we will show you how to do it. We will also let you know important details of the groups on Facebook. Also Check- How to Change Skype Name
What are Facebook groups and what are they for?
When we speak of a Facebook group, we refer to a space within this social network, intended for users who have a common interest. Through them, it is possible to share any type of information, as well as knowledge, among others.
Surely, you are wondering who can create a group on Facebook? Anyone who has an account on this social network can create their own group. Where will be administrator?
Click Here–How to Change Email on Instagram
Classification of Facebook groups
They are classified as follows:
Theme: That is, users can choose any specific topic, what they want their Facebook group to be about. It can be games, travel, jobs, among others.
Privacy: Facebook groups may vary depending on privacy. In this aspect, we have three options:
Open: Your information is public; therefore, it is not necessary to send a request
Closed: a request must be sent to the group, in order to have access and participate within the same
Secrets: A group that is created by one person and no one else has access to view or post or share, unless the creator sends them an invitation.
It is important to note that anyone can request to join a Facebook group, except those that are created secretly.
How to delete a Facebook group created by me?
As explained from the beginning, Facebook groups can be created by any user of this social network. Similarly, the administrator (Creator of the group) can delete it at any time.
However, it is important to keep in mind that Facebook does not have a specific button to delete groups. So to be able to choose this option, to leave the group and in this way it is eliminated or disappears.
Steps to delete a Facebook group created by me
- The first thing is to log into the Facebook account, where you have the group you want to delete
- As soon as you are at the beginning of this platform, you must find and click on Groups (It is located on the left side)
- Then a new window appears, with everything related to your groups.
- It must be located in the Groups section that you administer and then mark the group you want to leave
- Once there, all the information of the group appears.
- The first thing is to eliminate each of the people that make up the group, for this you must click on the Members option
- After deleting all the members, only their name will remain, being part of the members and being an administrator
- Click on the options (three dots) next to your name, in the administrators and moderators section.
- Click on Leave group
- Finally, a pop-up window appears, telling you if you want to delete and leave your group.
- Check on Abandon and delete and thus you have deleted the Facebook group.
It is important to note that the only requirement to delete a group on Facebook is to be the administrator of it. Otherwise you cannot delete it, you can only leave the group as a member.
Finally, we hope this post has helped you. However, we would like to hear your opinion. Have you been able to delete your group from Facebook, easily? Do you know of another method to delete or leave a group on Facebook? Leave us your answers in the comments.